http://21daykickstart.org/ Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
http://fatfreevegan.com/ Recipes for healthy, delicious food
http://www.happycow.net/ Lists vegan and vegetarian restaurants in many towns
http://www.vegguide.org/ Vegetarian and vegan restaurants and shopping
Nutrition and Health
http://coalitionforcancerprevention.org Coalition for Cancer Prevention through Plant-based Eating
http://www.drmcdougall.com/ Dr John McDougall
http://nutritionfacts.org/ Dr Michael Greger
http://nutritionstudies.org/ T Colin Campbell Center for Nutrition Studies
http://pcrm.org/ Physicians Committee for Responsible Medicine
http://www.all-creatures.org/health.html Vegan health articles from All Creatures.Org
http://wellnessforumcolumbus.com The Wellness Forum
Vegetarianism and Veganism
http://www.all-creatures.org/ All Creatures — Ahimsa
http://carnism.org/ Carnism Awareness and Action Network — Dr Melanie Joy
http://www.jewishveg.com/ Jewish Vegetarians of North America
http://thenewhealthclub.org/index.html The New Health Club — Training and guidance to shift to and maintain a healthy plant-based diet.
https://onlybuyvegan.com/ Only Buy Vegan — lists products that are vegan, not tested on animals, etc.
http://www.vegsource.com/ Veg Source
http://veganfeed.com/ The Vegan Feed — current vegan blogs and podcasts
http://www.veganoutreach.org/ Vegan Outreach
https://www.facebook.com/groups/veganpregnancyandparenting/ Vegan Pregnancy and Parenting
http://theveganpunk.com/ The Vegan Punk — a veganism and animal liberation blog based in Leeds, UK.
http://veganswithappetites.com Vegans with Appetites (Vegan foodies’ advice on food, travel, and lifestyle)
http://www.vrg.org/ Vegetarian Resource Group
https://www.healthline.com/health/definitive-guide-to-being-vegan#Intro1 Healthline’s Definitive Guide to Being Vegan
Animal Welfare and Rights
http://www.cok.net/ Compassion Over Killing
http://www.farmusa.org/index.htm FARM (Farm Animal Rights Movement)
http://www.farmsanctuary.org/ Farm Sanctuary – rescues farm animals and does vegan education
http://www.mercyforanimals.org/ Mercy for Animals
http://www.museumofanimals.org/ National Museum of Animals and Society
http://www.ourhenhouse.org/ Our Hen House — a great website/blog/podcast center to help everyone change the world for animals.
http://www.woodstocksanctuary.org/ Woodstock Sanctuary – rescues farm animals and does vegan education
http://awellfedworld.org/ A Well-fed World – feeding families, saving animals.
Veganic Food Companies
http://onedegreeorganics.com/ One Degree Organic Foods – veganic cereal, bread, and flour.
MOVIES ABOUT FOOD, VEGETARIANISM, AND ANIMALS
- Beyond Closed Doors – (2006) – 57 minutes. http://sandgrainfilms.com/ Excellent documentary on factory farming, political and legal aspects, food labeling, humane issues, science vs husbandry, foie gras, etc. TempleGrandin, Bernard Rollin, Dr John Webster, Holly Cheever, Marc Bekoff.
- A Cow at My Table 81 min. http://topdocumentaryfilms.com/a-cow-at-my-table/ Thoughtful documentary on animal agriculture, from both industry and animal rights points of view. Some disturbing scenes of animal abuse. Gene Bauston, Karen Davis, Vandana Shiva, others.
- Death on a Factory Farm (2009) http://www.hbo.com/documentaries/death-on-a-factory-farm HBO documentary about an undercover investigation on a hog farm and the legal case about it.
- A Delicate Balance http://www.adelicatebalance.com.au/ Short film on various arguments for veganism.
- Earthlings http://www.earthlings.com/ Shows all kinds of animal abuse, for food, clothing, entertainment, etc. Can be upsetting to watch.
- Eating – 88 min. http://www.navs-online.org/webstore/videos/eating-3rd-edition.html It’s the biggest cause of disease, disabilities & death today in the U.S. Learn how to unplug your eating habits and reverse the damage that’s been done to your health. Narrated by Michael Anderson with Dr. Ruth Heidrich.
- Food, Inc. (2008) 91 min. http://www.cduniverse.com/productinfo.asp?pid=7773200 The first half hour or so is on factory farming; a few companies control food production; chicken growers; then food safety, obesity, organics in big companies, Joel Salatin, farm bill, GMOs, and Oprah’s legal case.
- Forks Over Knives (2010) http://www.forksoverknives.com/ A feature film that examines the profound claim that most, if not all, of the degenerative diseases that afflict us can be controlled, or even reversed, by rejecting animal-based and processed foods. T Colin Campbell (The China Study), Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn.
- King Corn http://www.kingcorn.net/ A feature documentary about two friends, one acre of corn, and the subsidized crop that drives our fast-food nation.
- Mad Cowboy: The Documentary http://www.madcowboy.com/ “One day, Howard Lyman found himself in a hospital bed confronted with the very real possibility that he would spend the rest of his life in a wheelchair. A tumor on his spine, a one-in-a-million chance of its surgical removal gave him sufficient pause to reflect on what it was that really mattered to him and his wife….. He vowed to turn around his life, and his ranch.” The journey led him into the world of organic agriculture, veganism, politics, and his discovery, early on, of a disease new to history called bovine spongiform encephalopathy, BSE, or mad-cow.
- The Meatrix http://www.themeatrix.com/ Take the red pill and watch the critically-acclaimed, award-winning first episode of The Meatrix Trilogy.
- Meet Your Meat – 13 min. http://www.peta.org/videos/meet-your-meat/ PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals), narrated by Alec Baldwin. Powerful advocacy tool shows footage (much of it undercover) of abusive, standard practices within animal agribusiness. Documentary systematically chronicles what happens to each of the most exploited species within animal industries.
- Peaceable Kingdom http://www.tribeofheart.org/pk.htm Current conditions for farm animals; factory farming; how Farm Sanctuary has tried to help animals. By Tribe of Heart.
- Processed People (2009) 40 min. http://www.processedpeople.com/ Food production and the health care system are both harmed by corporatization.
- Super Size Me http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0390521/ While examining the influence of the fast food industry, Morgan Spurlock personally explores the consequences on his health of a diet of solely McDonald’s food for one month.
- Sustainable Table http://sustainabletablemovie.com/ Produced and directed by Mischa Hedges, Sustainable Table is a feature documentary that takes an unadulterated look into the food you eat. What’s on your plate?
- Unser Taglich Brot [Our Daily Bread] http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0765849/ No narration, just scenes of industrial food production. German.
- Vegucated (2011) http://www.getvegucated.com/ Three people in New York City go vegan for six weeks and discover all the issues surrounding treatment of farm animals, human health, environment, etc. Funny at times, very well made film.
- The Witness http://witnessfilm.org/ Excellent film on anti-fur campaigner/animal rights activist in New York City. By Tribe of Heart.